Re: emacs-"distribution" for windows?

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: emacs-"distribution" for windows?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 07:46:35 -0400

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 7:14 AM <emacs-list-18@pgxml.net> wrote:

>  i need a bit input from emacs users on the windows platform.
>
>  What "distribution" do you use? Is the windows emacs from gnu suitable
>  for day to day work, or are there more windows-optimized emacs-dists
>  out there?
>
>  Just tell me a bit about your setup, and what the main tasks you with
>  emacs are.

It's been a few years since I had to use Windows but at the time I found
the GNU package to be more than adequate. Installing the GNU coreutils for
windows helps a bit but it's not strictly necessary.
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/coreutils.htm

You might do better by asking specific questions after trying it. Just take
a day and switch over and see what happens. :)