Re: Separate area at the top for a serious tab bar

From: Grant Rettke
Subject: Re: Separate area at the top for a serious tab bar
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 13:31:10 -0500

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 2:06 AM, R. Diez <rdiezmail-emacs@yahoo.de> wrote:

> I just do not want to live without one.  Therefore, I am a long-time user of
> tabbar.el . I have installed several little enhancements and hacked together
> some dodgy Lisp code over the years. It is a problematic

I hear you. That is a powerful statement. I respect that, and share my
thoughts with you in that context:

Have you mastered buffers? Have you mastered ibuffer and grouping the
buffers listed by git folder?

When I learned Emacs I strongly disliked the buffer mode. It wasn't
just weird, I really disliked it. So I used tabbar mode.
I loved it. I set it up to logically group files and that worked
great. Then something happened. I just kept using the rest of
Emacs and started to warm up to buffers. Eventually I felt that they
perfectly fit and I didn't want tabbar mode anymore.

I guess my that I wanted to share that perspective from a tabbar user
to another. Thanks.