RE: on adding a function call to a s-exp

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: on adding a function call to a s-exp
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 09:03:40 -0700 (PDT)

> I understand you just don't like Emacs guessing your intentions. That's just
> fine.  I asked you for the sake of improving e-p-m *for other users* if you
> could provide an example where it didn't correctly guess your intentions.
> Something like "Oh I wanted to put a x-and-y here and your naughty package
> put it there instead". That was all I asked.

Sorry, but I don't have an example.  As I said, I tried this
kind of thing _many_ moon ago.  You're better off getting
feedback from real users of the e-p-m code.  They will help
by pointing out any difficulties they run into.

To be clear, I'm not trying to convince anyone not to use
modes that automatically insert delimiters.  If that helps
someone, so much the better.  I chimed in only to say that
I'm one dinosaur who doesn't use such modes.  Nothing more.