Re: Emacs configuration on Thinkpad running W10

From: Pascal Quesseveur
Subject: Re: Emacs configuration on Thinkpad running W10
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2018 19:37:59 +0200

>"EZ" == Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

  EZ> I suggest to try Emacs 25, it's supposed to resolve some problems with
  EZ> Windows hiding keys from applications.

So I have installed emacs 26.1 using emacs-26.1-i686-no-deps.zip.

Things have changed a little bit:

  - when w32-apps-modifier is set to nil, hitting PrintScreen causes
    the following display in the minibuffer: <apps> is undefined.
  - when w32-apps-modifier is set to hyper, nothing is printed and
    keys defined with hyper modifier don't work

The translation from PrintScreen to Apps by AutoHotkey seems to work,
but I am still unable to use it as a modifier.

Moreover I have installation problems with emacs 26.1: gnutls library
is not found. There is one in my path coming from EzWin ports.

--
Pascal Quesseveur
pquessev@gmail.com