Re: C-x h o in Rmail ?

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: C-x h o in Rmail ?
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2018 11:56:33 +0200

> Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 12:29:20 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
>
> > From: Xavier Maillard <xavier@maillard.im>
> > Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 21:29:04 +0200
> >
> > due to limitations, I had to switch back to Rmail as my mail reader. As
> > I am an ancient Rmail user, that's not really a problem. Habits gets
> > back quicker than I thought.
> >
> > I am just frustrated with something I am pretty sure was possible:
> > output a bunch a messages into another Rmail file using this
> > keysequence: C-x h o ~/.cache/mail/ANOTHER-RMAIL-FILE RET
> >
> > So, Rmail users, did I dream it at some point ?
>
> And "C-x h" in this context does what, exactly, according to your
> dream?  You say "a bunch of messages", which presumably requires to
> specify that bunch in some way.  How did "C-x h" do that?

You are right, I should have mentionned the context.

According to the help entry, C-x h is bound to `mark-whole-buffer`.

So in my context, let's say I opened my Rmail file (which is big) and
I want to classify all mails from the help-gnu-emacs to another RMail
file, I'd probably do M-C-r help-gnu-emacs@ RET and *then* use C-x h
to select all messsages to output into the another file.

Is it clearer now ?

--
Xavier Maillard
e/j:xavier@maillard.im               w:www.maillard.im