Re: Emacs/Publishing/WYSIWYG

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Emacs/Publishing/WYSIWYG
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 12:31:35 +0100

On Wednesday, 30 May 2018 at 11:10, Tim Johnson wrote:
>   Having said that, when ken refers to "geekified terminology" it
>   brings up what has been a pet peeve of mine for decades: The use
>   of domain-specific terminology for various software systems.

This is a problem not just in software but in almost any area of human
endeavour!  For instance, the word "model" means a person in the fashion
industry, an animal in the bio-sciences, a physical artefact in
architecture, a set of mathematical equations in engineering, ...

There are indeed domain specific terms in the org (and Emacs more
generally) documentation.  I'm sure all would appreciate contributions
to the documentation, however!

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50 & org 9.1.13 on Debian buster/sid