unpleasant flickering in terminal emacs

From: Amos Bird
Subject: unpleasant flickering in terminal emacs
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 19:58:56 +0800

Hi,

I'm using emacs master branch in terminal (alacritty). When moving
cursor with relative line number enabled or scrolling up/down, I get unpleasant screen flickering. However, frame switch works fine, which
I suppose uses full rendering updates. It seems partial rendering
update doesn't work well. The author of alacritty mentioned one
possible cause : "flickering is typically caused by a program not
writing full updates to the pty. We drain all available bytes up to like 64k before yielding for a render. It may be that we should add some heuristic around time to prevent flickering from poorly behaved terminal applications." So my question is, can I enable full updates
for every redisplay? Thanks!

Here is a screencast of flickering.

https://youtu.be/wv4QINKHDUY

regards,