Re: Question about memory usage

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Question about memory usage
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2018 17:14:34 -0400

>> Yes, but that undo-list is local to the buffer, so once we kill the
>> buffer (at the end of each iteration) this should be reclaimable.
> Why do you think it isn't reclaimed?

I don't know if it's reclaimed or not, but I think it should be
reclaimable.  And if the GC reclaims it, next time around the loop the
same (now free) cons-cell should be reused instead of requesting more
memory from the OS.

So according to how I expect the code to behave, this setting might
cause the memory footprint to be (very slightly) larger but it should not
cause it to keep growing.

        Stefan