emacs + donation

From: d paddy
Subject: emacs + donation
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 09:35:36 -0500

Greetings...

I was initially pointed to info@fsf.org so as to get help with an emacs
question and donate to fsf.
A consequence of that interaction was my redirection to
help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org...

QUESTION: How do I stop emacs from changing what I type?

EXAMPLE:  I type eleven ascii characters into an empty buffer (in
fundamantal mode) and then save the buffer to the file "example"; the hex
values of those characters are

character 1 : 31
character 2 : 32
character 3 : 33
character 4 : 0a
character 5 : 20
character 6 : 20
character 7 : 20
character 8 : 0a
character 9 : 34
character 10: 35
character 11: 36

Moreover those characters above were typed into the buffer by pressing the
following eleven keys on the keyboard

key 1 :  1
key 2 :  2
key 3 :  3
key 4 :  enter
key 5 :  space
key 6 :  space
key 7 :  space
key 8 :  enter
key 9 :  5
key 10: 6
key 11: 7

The word count utility reports only eight bytes in the file "example" --
even though I typed eleven --  and hexl-mode shows those bytes are

byte 1 : 31
byte 2 : 32
byte 3 : 33
byte 4 : 0a
byte 5 : 0a
byte 6 : 34
byte 7 : 35
byte 8 : 36

Emacs evidently changes my input. How do I cajole emacs into reflecting
exactly what I type?

Many thanks.

P.S. I am not looking for opinions about why I might/should want emacs to
change what I type... I'm looking for the "get-off-my-lawn-mode" wherein
emacs faithfully represents exactly what I type ;-)