Re: [el-search] How to search string excluding docstring?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [el-search] How to search string excluding docstring?
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2017 19:11:19 +0100

t wrote:

>> Pattern match, like they have for arguments
>> in Erlang and SML?
>
> Pattern match like pcase, I guess.

Isn't that the same? AFAIK there isn't any
native pattern matching i Lisp, but one can do
it with macros...

I don't like it personally because it makes
writing code neurotic keeping track of all
those cases, rather than just examine what the
value is and act accordingly...

Whenever I use `pcase' it isn't really pattern
matching in my eyes, i.e. in the Erlang/SML
sense, more like a way of doing case with
strings. I guess it could be used in other ways
as well. Even tho technically it is the
same thing.

--
underground experts united