Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (mult

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: want a file format easily edited and read by emacs that allows (multiple) pictures to be included
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 09:26:26 +0000

On Thursday,  7 Dec 2017 at 22:18, Yuri Khan wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 10:04 PM, Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>>> You're exporting both to png, which IHMO is a no-no when including
>>> those files into a pdf. I know, it's just an example, but it does make
>>> me wonder: are ditaa and graphviz able to produce pdf output?
>>
>> Yes, they do produce PDF if desired.  this was just for illustration,
>> mostly because PNG will export better to HTML in case anybody wanted to
>> try that.
>
> For HTML, use SVG instead.

It was *just* an illustration for Emanuel!

But I have never been entirely happy with svg as a graphics target due
to the variability of support for such graphics in different
browsers.  I'd rather trade-off a reduction in quality for an
improvement in accessibility.  But that's my choice of course.

Also, with reference to the OP, I am not sure Emacs can display inline
PDF images as it can PNG and other bitmap images.  Maybe it can.  Never
tried!

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, org 9.1.4