Re: return first element in list with certain property

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: return first element in list with certain property
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 01:56:50 +0100

Nicolas Petton wrote:

> The way I see it (I'm completely biased of
> course), the real advantage of `seq' is that
> it provides a complete and consistent
> sequence manipulation API (I tried to design
> it that way at least), and can be extended to
> work with other data structures (see
> stream.el in ELPA for instance).

With respect to this particular issue, seq and
`seq-find' is superior to CL and `cl-find-if'.
After that was revealed, the only thing that
made me hesitant about using it was the install
hassle. But now that you say it is included in
vanilla Emacs from version 25, which is right
around the corner, perhaps I should use
it still?

How will this be expressed in the source?
Will plain `require' be enough? There was talk
in another post the package should
"package-require" it so it will be installed
automatically along with the package. But if
there is a function to do this, I can't find
it. And if there is, will it be transparent so
it won't install anything unless necessary?

Or do I have to prompt the current Emacs
version to take different action?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573