Re: prompt to create non existent directory.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: prompt to create non existent directory.
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 10:44:56 +0100

t wrote:

> I for one *hate* those softwares which go
> rampant on their own upgrade schedule and
> very much prefer the distro doing this.
> I trust[1] e.g. Debian much more than some
> random app (esp. a web browser).
> The alternative is Windows, or the bunch
> o'apps on your smartphone (I haven't one).
> Thanks, but no thanks.

It is not like that. They don't do anything
unless spoken to.

They are common for many Lisp projects as well,
tho right now I don't remember any names.
The thing is, at least what I've heard, sadly,
not enough people use it so the stuff in the
repos are always out of date or nobody does it.

So whenever there is a problem, and this I have
first hand experience of, upgrading it from
there won't help as that version has the same
problem as yours - because, that's where you
got it to begin with!

So those small gadgets installers-upgraders are
sort of the middle-solution between the repos -
which are ideal in a perfect world - and what
you can "self compiling".

Actually, I wouldn't mind

    M-x upgrade-emacs

and be prompted what version!