keybindings again...

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: keybindings again...
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 11:42:15 +0900

I'm using emacs built from master, emacs -nw, after moving .emacs.el and
.emacs.d away, on OSX 10.12.

I'm trying to assign M-S-RET to org-insert-todo-heading because for some reason
it is not assigned by default: every time I hit ESC S-RET I get ESC RET only.

So, I tried things from
http://ergoemacs.org/emacs/keystroke_rep.html

First, this works fine:
(global-set-key (kbd "M-b") 'org-insert-todo-heading)

But this doesn't:
(global-set-key (kbd "M-<return>") 'org-insert-todo-heading)

What I get here is the old M-return = org-insert-heading.

What is the problem here ?

Jean-Christophe