Re: Different background color for different windows/modes

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Different background color for different windows/modes
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 13:24:32 +0200

Alexandre Oberlin wrote:

> Hi all, I am using a hook to change my
> background color using stuff like: (add-hook
> 'change-major-mode-hook
> 'change-my-background-color)

You want the background color to be a function
of the major mode?

And there are no mode-specific variables to
control this so you instead have a function
that maps on the fly?

Oh, man...

> This is sub-optimal because - there is
> a terrible flash as soon as I enter the
> minibuffer - all the displayed windows change
> color (not only the one getting focus).

*If* you are going to stick to this sub-optimal
solution indeed, I suppose you could write
a more advanced function that will examine if
the new context is such that the change of
background color should or shouldn't kick in.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573