Re: Japanese input in Linux environment (fcitx-mozc)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Japanese input in Linux environment (fcitx-mozc)
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2017 11:24:43 +0200

> Personally, I try to strong-arm X into doing
> my thing. That said, I'm using pretty "plain"
> X, which is uncommon these days

"plain" X, is that xterm and xpdf and the "x-"
suite of applications, and starting X manually
or semi-manually with xinit or startx and then
configuring the .xinitrc and .Xresources,
setting up keys with xbindkeys and so on?

If so, I do that as well. It is possible people
don't do that a lot.

I suppose (?) I have Gnome components somewhere
up and running as the only thing I did to get
it inhibited was disable the login manager and
instead launch what I want in X from .xinitrc.

I use X for LaTeX (PDFs), viewing pics, and
movies, that's all, and I don't need Gnome or
KDE for that.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573