Re: let-bind a varlist only known at run time

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: let-bind a varlist only known at run time
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 10:07:22 -0500

On Mon Jun 5 2017 Philipp Stephani wrote:
> Have you checked `let-alist'? Maybe it already does what you want.

Thanks, yes, I had looked at it.  It is my understanding that
let-alist is intended for sets of bindings that are known at compile
time so that one can use the syntax with dotted symbols.  What I
envision is different: the bindings refer to various options for the
code executed inside BODY, where this code may even include calls to
customizable functions (i.e., these functions may use options defined
by the user that are not known at the compile time for BODY).  So it
seems that `cl-progv' mentioned by Michael is essentially what I am
looking for.