Re: What makes elisp fun ?

From: John Ankarström
Subject: Re: What makes elisp fun ?
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 20:48:03 +0200

Emanuel Berg <moasen@zoho.com> writes:

> At the universities they sometimes teach just a bit of Lisp
> together with Haskell and perhaps SML or Erlang as part of a
> course in "functional programming". That can very well be done
> but probably it will focus too much on the functional aspects
> to give a fair view of Lisp, with which you can program in any
> style or paradigm.

Right, that's one of the things I like about Lisp. If you want to
go functional, it's a great language for that. If you want to
indulge in some good old imperative programming and just get
things done, it offers that too.

It's because it doesn't lock you into a paradigm that it becomes
such a useful tool.

- John