Re: An unwonted warning I constantly get about fontsets when I start Ema

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: An unwonted warning I constantly get about fontsets when I start Emacs
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 21:14:44 +0300

On 2017-05-28 18:41 +03, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>> From: Göktuğ Kayaalp <self@gkayaalp.com>
>> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>> Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 17:32:13 +0300

>> I've tried this:
>>
>> git clean -x -f -f
>> ./autogen.sh all
>> ./configure --prefix=$HOME/local --with-x-toolkit=yes --with-modules \
>>          --with-file-notification=yes --with-mailutils ;
>> LC_ALL=C make
>> ./src/emacs -Q
>>
>> And this has fixed the problem (i.e. no warnings anymore, built today's
>> master).  So now I'm not sure if this is a bug that I've triggered, or a
>> mistake in my build procedure.  If I'm not told otherwise, I'll file a
>> bug report when I have time.
>
> Please try this:
>
>   . go to the admin/unidata directory of the Emacs source tree
>   . type the following command from the shell prompt:
>
>      make -W Blocks.txt
>
> This should regenerate lisp/international/charscript.el.  Please see
> if it has the same problem with dotless i you had originally.  If it
> does, then repeat the same command, this time setting LC_ALL=C, like
> this:
>
>      LC_ALL=C make -W Blocks.txt
>
> This should again regenerate charscript.el, but with the correct
> script names, using the Latin i letter.
>
> If indeed you see what I describe above, please file a bug report with
> this information.  Thanks.

I've tried these, and curiously could not reproduce the issue.  I'll
guess that something funky happened with my previous build, though I
don't have no idea about what that might be.  I did do multiple builds
from different checkouts until today with these results.

Well, please excuse me for the trouble.  I'll keep an eye on this in my
later builds and file a but if somehow it repeats.

Best,

        gk.