Re: F10 → menu

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: F10 → menu
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 19:02:43 +0900

> On May 26, 2017, at 0:05, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
>> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@gmail.com>
>> Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 12:11:44 +0900
>>
>> I don't remember what I did but at some point last week every time I hit F10
>> I had a graphical collapsed menu that was displayed at the top left of the
>> frame (on OSX). And then I probably did something (uninstall a package or
>> whatnot) and now the behavior is back to the bottom buffer displaying the
>> menus.
>>
>> I really liked that thing. Can anybody tell me how to have it back?
>
> If that was on a text-mode frame, check the value of
> tty-menu-open-use-tmm; it should be nil to get the drop-down menus.
>
> If that was on a GUI frame, perhaps you've inadvertently loaded tmm?
> Try unloading it, or restart the Emacs session.

I think I found what ai was looking for. It was probably an x-popup-menu
associated to the menu-bar and installed in a file that I had copied from
somewhere and probably removed a short while after.

I found a similar setting today:

(define-key global-map (kbd "C-<f2>")
  (lambda ()
    (interactive)
    (x-popup-menu (list '(0 0) (selected-frame))
                  (mouse-menu-bar-map))))

Jean-Christophe