Re: call function in other window ?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: call function in other window ?
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 18:59:50 +0300

> From: Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 00:14:36 +0900
>
> As I wrote, I (still) prefer to read the manuals as PDFs in an external
> reader. The main advantage is that I can easily move from a manual to another
> while I can only have one info buffer opened in Emacs, or maybe I have not
> yet found the way to keep a number of manuals opened at the same time in
> Emacs.

You can have as many Info buffers as you like, just rename them to
*info*<NN> where NN is a number.  Then you can invoke
info-display-manual and get back to the manual you want, or even use
"C-u NN C-h i" if you happen to remember the number.  I routinely have
several dozen Info manuals in my Emacs sessions.