Re: How do you automatically refile mails with mu4e?

From: Danny YUE
Subject: Re: How do you automatically refile mails with mu4e?
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 21:14:22 +0800

Hi,

Thanks for your advice.

Well, I finally managed to accomplish it myself.

For those who might be interested, I post a snippet here to prove that
it does work:

(defun mu4e-refile-search-and-refile (&optional query)
  "Search by QUERY and refile them. If QUERY is not given, ask for it."
  (interactive)
  (save-window-excursion
        (while (not query)
          (setq query (read-string "[mu4e] Search and refile for: ")))

        (let (mu4e-active-p)
          ;; If there is any buffer currently opened, save it.
          (when (or (get-buffer mu4e-refile-header-buffer-name)
                                (get-buffer "*mu4e-main*"))
                (setq mu4e-active-p t)
                (mu4e-refile-save-header-buffer))

          ;; Search the message and refile.
          ;; We have to wait until mu4e has finished its job.
          (mu4e~headers-search-execute query t)
          (while (not (mu4e-refile-finished-p))
                (sleep-for 0.1))

          (mu4e-refile-current-buffer)
          (kill-buffer)
          ;; If mu4e is active, kill current buffer and restore mu4e
          session.
          (when mu4e-active-p
                (mu4e-refile-restore-header-buffer)))))

Then I added this line to my config file:
(add-hook 'mu4e-index-updated-hook 'mu4e-refile-unread)

After that every time I get a new mail, mu4e will automatically refile
incoming files according to mu4e-refile-folder function.

For a complete version please see:
https://github.com/sheepduke/mu4e-refile

Thanks anyway.
Danny