Re: Annoying "Parsing...done" message when editing C++ files

From: Alex Kost
Subject: Re: Annoying "Parsing...done" message when editing C++ files
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 11:16:40 +0300

Hong Xu (2016-11-01 18:41 -0700) wrote:

> Is it possible to remove the annoying "Parsing...done" message in C++
> mode? It often competes with other useful information I've set up.
>
> I saw this line in progmodes/cpp.el, but don't know how to diminish it:
>
>      (message "Parsing...done"))

Since this message is just a line of code in 'cpp-highlight-buffer'
command, I think the only way to get rid of it is to write your own
function that will override 'cpp-highlight-buffer', but I wouldn't
recommend doing it as you'll have to maintain your version of this
command (which is pretty big).  It's probably better to make a bug
report that you'd like to have an option to avoid these "Parsing..."
messages.

--
Alex