reopened bug#20610 emacs25.1 is not reading or resetting nnimap-split-fa

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: reopened bug#20610 emacs25.1 is not reading or resetting nnimap-split-fancy
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 15:37:06 +0200

I reopened Emacs bug bug#20610, for I'm experiencing something
similar. Using the new Emacs25 package in Debian, which provides GNU
Emacs 25.1.1, the gnus.el file is read, but for some reason
nnimap-split-fancy is reset.

Upon firing up Gnus, the value if nnmimap-split-fancy is nil, and so
(bbdb/gnus-split-method) does not work. I use that alot, which is how I
noticed the 'bug'.

So I reload my nnimap-split-fancy set-up, and of course, fancy split
then works. The value of nnimap-split-fancy confirms.

Other settings in gnus.el are not reset, such as for instance
(setq bbdb-default-country "Netherlands")