Re: CC mode 5.33 does not work on Emacs 24.5.1 for Mac

From: John Mastro
Subject: Re: CC mode 5.33 does not work on Emacs 24.5.1 for Mac
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 15:01:19 -0700

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 11:04 PM, Juha Nieminen <nospam@thanks.invalid> wrote:
> Juha Nieminen <nospam@thanks.invalid> wrote:
>> I was wondering if somebody could help me figuring out what the problem is
>> with this.
>
> So nobody has any suggestions whatsoever?

I suggest you report this as a bug with M-x report-emacs-bug. The
maintainers of both Emacs and CC-mode monitor reports there.

Other than that, invoke M-x toggle-debug-on-error and then repeat the
recipe so you get a backtrace. That will show what chain of calls lead
to the error (and would be a good thing to include in the bug report, if
you file one).

        John