Re: Gnus configuration to connect IMAP server?

From: Rolf Ade
Subject: Re: Gnus configuration to connect IMAP server?
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 00:40:37 +0200

> Rolf Ade wrote:
>
>> So I followed up with the more specific
>> question, if that certificate problem may be
>> the reason, why gnus refused to work with
>> that account, what I can do to verify this
>> and, if possible, what to do to make it
>> work anyway.
>
> Interesting! Ask on gmane.emacs.gnus.general as
> well if you didn't already.
>
> Look here for documentation:
>
>  $ cid certificate
> [...]
>       3   emacs     /usr/share/info/emacs-24/emacs-gnutls.info
> [...]

Thanks. That, with the help of

(setq gnutls-log-level 1)

brought light on more details, but not into the right place. I've
gnutls-verify-error nil, and M-: (gnutls-available-p) returns t.

> If nothing helps, there is only one thing to do:
>
> Use the source, Luke!

Put my noise even into that. Though postponed that after diging around
for a while back to the more last resport things and decided, that I
need more guidance, to tackle the problem with success. I'll probably
ask on gmane.emacs.general.