Re: C-k messes up display -- have to redraw-display

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: C-k messes up display -- have to redraw-display
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 16:09:40 -0600

rob.dunne@gmail.com wrote:
> When I type C-k, the display is mucked up. The next line in the file
> is repeated multiple times. I have to use "M-x redraw-display" to
> fix it.

I assume you are using a text terminal (rather than a graphics
display).  What type of terminal are you using?  What is $TERM in that
terminal?  Verifying the correct combination of TERM and terminal
should solve this problem.  If not then try using a different terminal
program from the many available.

Bob