Re: List of buffers under version control?

From: Rolf Ade
Subject: Re: List of buffers under version control?
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 21:31:12 +0200

Rusi <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 5:33:59 AM UTC+5:30, Rolf Ade wrote:
>> I often edit files in emacs, that are under version control. It should
>> not, but it happens, that I haven#t save-buffer some buffer, while
>> check-in on the cmd line.
>>
>> Since I already sometimes use a wrapper around my scm cmd line tool I
>> imagined, that my wrapper could ask the running emacs about unsaved
>> buffers under version control and warn me before actually checking in.
>>
>> [...]
>
> Not an answer…
> Still if you are using git, magit will deal with all (or most) of this
> Of course you need to invert your workflow and do the command-line stuff
> from inside emacs

No, I'm (mostly) not using git, but fossil. There is a vc backend for
fossil controled files which provides useful things like vc-diff, but
doesn't has as mighty commit features as magit. I prefer to use the
command line to do the check-ins.

The paragraph above includes one bit of information, that I've missed to
provide, so far. Emacs knows, that the buffers (files) I'm interested in
are under version control.

Since emacs show me in the mode line of that buffers, that the file is
under version control, there must be a way with elisp to determine, if
the file shown in a buffer is under version control. How could that be
done?