Re: Emacs and add-on USB support

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs and add-on USB support
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 17:32:30 +0200

Tom Browder wrote:

> I am now doing dev work with Perl 6 which has
> good unicode support. I'm considering buying
> an add-on, customizable keyboard to hold
> a collection of oft-used code points for
> easy entry.
>
> Can anyone recommed a suitable one that they
> have successfully used with Emacs?

This question has already appeared. What was
said then is equally true now, namely there is
no gain in getting several keyboards because
one keyboard is enough to set up a huge amount
of shortcuts, and if those shortcuts are setup
close and short (few keys involved, and "close"
in the sense they shouldn't require you to move
your hands from touch type position) - if this
is done, invocation will be faster and more
ergonomic compared to reaching for another
keyboard and then resetting (the eyes as well
as hands).

                   - so far: 58 Blogomatic articles -