RE: Crappyness of Emacs Version 24.5.1 defadvice

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Crappyness of Emacs Version 24.5.1 defadvice
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 07:21:39 -0700 (PDT)

> > The old behavior is preferable so I know which file the advice
> > is coming from.
>
> Could someone tell me how to get the old behavior back?

("REGRESSION: defadvice broken wrt doc strings (C-h f)")

("incorrect doc from `C-h f' when use `defadvice' with `before'")

This post by Stefan provides the rationale behind the new advice
system.  (You might want to read the rest of the thread too.)
http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=16402#31
("Document nadvice.el stuff in Elisp manual before Emacs 24.4")