Re: Build Emacs without Lisp?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Build Emacs without Lisp?
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 17:09:41 -0600

Gene wrote:
> As nobody has mentioned it yet, I'll bring up microEmacs
> https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=microemacs
>
> If memory serves is uses emacs keybindings to manually do what one
> would expect, but doesn't have the bloat -- or power -- of elisp.
> It was used on Amiga and Atari ST back in the late 80's into the 90s.
> If the source code is available it might compile more to your liking.

I am very happy that you mentioned MicroEMACS.  It was actually
MicroEMACS that introduced me to Emacs originally.  I had heard good
things about it.  As was typical then I downloaded the source and
compiled it on an HP series 500.  I liked it very much and used it for
a while.  Eventually I moved on to GNU Emacs but MicroEMACS has very
good memories for me.

Bob