Re: Invalid face reference: quote

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Invalid face reference: quote
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 11:51:02 +0200

Davin Pearson <davin.pearson@gmail.com> writes:

> Check out my emacs screen-shot:
>
> http://davin.50webs.com/emacs-screen-shot.png
>
> and you will see why a semi white #f0f0f0
> background colour is easier on the eyes for
> reading text.

With a white-on-black theme less light enters
the eye so a smaller volume has to be decoded
into what is information before the decoding
of the actual information takes place. That is
why a white-on-black theme implies much less
eye stress. I see you are also a mouse user.
The mouse is even more than an "arm killer" an
"eye killer" as hands have to be moved from
typing position and the eye has to follow when
they are reset; also, with a GUI, the eye has
to "aim" every so slightly to hit icons and
such. Not using the mouse implies a fragment of
eye focusing, in absolute terms but also
considering the changes in level.

                   - so far: 52 Blogomatic articles -