Re: SMIE examples or guides

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: SMIE examples or guides
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 23:21:46 -0400

> I'm trying to implement SMIE support for a language's major mode. So
> I've been reading the documentation and looking at how SMIE is used in
> octave-mode, but it is not easy to understand how it works. Does any
> friendlier sources for learning how to use SMIE exist? Like smaller
> examples, how tos or smie guides?

There are several modes using SMIE, beside octave-mode.  They don't tend
to be very small, sadly, because indentation is pretty much always
tricky business, so even if it starts small, it quickly grows.

I suggest you post what you've tried and the problems you encountered,
and someone (mostly likely me) will help you out.  In return, hopefully
you can provide some suggestions for how to improve the doc.

        Stefan