Re: Add-on USB custom keypads

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Add-on USB custom keypads
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 21:04:21 +0200

Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> writes:

> Can anyone recommend an add-on, customizable
> and reliable keypad suitable for Emacs
> running on Linux?

It shouldn't be related to either OS or
software. Anyone USB should be plug and play on
Linux.

As for customizable as long as keydowns send
signals to Emacs as they should if not
mechanically defect they are customizable like
the ordinary keyboard or any other
input device.

I have a keypad on my keyboard but I never use
it. I think the numbers above the ordinary keys
are faster. Perhaps if you'd do some telephone
thing, or otherwise would input numbers
repeatedly (e.g., social security numbers at
a bank), perhaps a keypad would be cool...

                   - so far: 48 Blogomatic articles -