Re: Mail posting in newsgroups

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Mail posting in newsgroups
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 22:26:15 +0200

"N. Raghavendra" <raghu@hri.res.in> writes:

> I read the mailing lists I am subscribed to as newsgroups through
> Gmane.  Lately, I've been having problems with posting through Gmane
> --- posts don't reach the mailing list for several hours, first
> postings to a list don't trigger an auto-authorization message from
> Gmane, etc.

AFAIK there were serious problems with this stuff the last days.  It
could be that it works again now.  Older posts have appeared now
(including yours).

> So, I am wondering if it is possible to post articles and followups in
> Gmane newsgroups by email.  For example, if I am in the summary buffer
> of the gmane.emacs.orgmode group, and hit `a', I'd like Gnus to start
> composing a mail message to emacs-orgmode@gnu.org.  Similarly, if I am
> in the summary buffer of that group and hit "F", I'd like Gnus to start
> composing a *mail* reply to the selected article, with
> emacs-orgmode@gnu.org as the "To" address.  Is there a way to do this?

If I recall correctly, just r or R should already do the right thing
(the mailing list addresses can be retrieved from the messages' headers)
for replying.  I'm not sure how to replace a.  But hopefully things work
again now as expected anyway, so you don't need to do this.

Regards,

Michael.