Re: Emacs internationalization resources?

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: Emacs internationalization resources?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 21:27:46 -0800 (PST)

On Sunday, March 6, 2016 at 6:47:50 PM UTC+5:30, tomas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm helping prepare an introductory course on Emacs for a German
> audience. Since not all are equally at ease with the English
> language, I'd like to collect some pointers on German resources
> for Emacs.
>
> I already discovered (well, I had my nose gently pushed into) the
> German version of the tutorial, bundled with Emacs (which is an
> awesome thing!).
>
> Is there a German version of the Emacs menus, for example?
>
> I'm aware that, due to the construction of Emacs, those approaches
> have their limits (where do you stop with i18n? Docstrings?). The
> extreme introspective nature of Emacs (in itself an awesome thing)
> sets the bar quite high. Is there a gradual approach out there?
> Is such a thing even possible?
>
> Thanks for any pointers and insights.

[Not exactly in line with your question; hopefully not too OT either]
I tried for a while to collect material on making the skimpy input-method
documentation a bit better.

Sadly couldn't find my way and got lost...

On a more positive note have been playing around with agda and find it
exhilarating
to at last find a language that is 2016 and not 1980:

First example from http://learnyouanagda.liamoc.net/toc.html

data ℕ : Set where
  zero : ℕ
  suc  : ℕ → ℕ

The ℕ is of course noticeable but see also the → rather than the clunky
'->' which gets even uglier in a typical proportional font

[agda is naturally typed in emacs]