Re: on ``An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp''

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: on ``An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp''
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 01:28:27 +0100

> I'd like to point out that one nice benefit of
> compiling from source (apart from staying on the
> bleeding edge) ...

There can be many definitions of "staying on the
bleeding edge". One is: using software to be active,
creative and productive with *your own projects* that
perhaps nobody else knows about, until you release it
for everyone to see and (sometimes) use.

Using the latest releases of everything, including
hardware components, is something some people take
pride in.

But often this is actually something that one
shouldn't do because it is an obstacle to the own
activity which benefits from reliable, familiar tools.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573