Re: Replacing huge hidden selection when pasting text

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Replacing huge hidden selection when pasting text
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2016 02:07:23 +0100

Alexandre Oberlin <alxobr@gmail.com> writes:

> I like emacs philosophy and have used it for ages. What I am far from
> liking as much is the philosophy of its current maintainers. How about
> starting up their own editor and leave emacs alone?

Has Emacs been more stringent in the older days?

I can't estimate.  I think most people only use a subset of the
features/commands (or even of the meanings of the prefix arg).  Anybody
can pick what he thinks fits his working style.  Dunno if that's
optimal.

I don't think Emacs has changed to the worse in the last years.  Of
course, breakage of working configurations, or a changed behavior with a
constant configuration, is always annoying.  Some changes led to
confusion (e.g. advice.el -> nadvice.el, or the changes in the copy and
yank behavior).

But under the line, I liked every new version of Emacs more than the
version before.

Regards,

Michael.