Re: searching for one person's replies in a gnus mailbox only, and not t

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: searching for one person's replies in a gnus mailbox only, and not the rest.
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 01:33:31 +0100

>> I'm not getting any hits with that. Should one mark
>> groups (with # or `gnus-group-mark-group'), then do
>> G G and then what do you input as "Query"?
>
> I typically use this on either a single group or
> a whole topic by simply placing point on a group or
> on the topic heading. For the query, I type whatever
> I want, e.g. "Joe Bloggs" (without the quotes) if
> I want to search for emails from/about that person.

Indeed, it works simply with point at a group (for
example gmane.emacs.help, without marking it), and
then just:

    G G Eric S Fraga RET

The reason it didn't work earlier was that I tried it
on mail.misc and mail.sent which both use nnml and not
nntp as does Gmane!

Good to know, only optimally, the same should work
transparently for both nnml and nntp, right?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573