Re: in reply to my other just-now post about dired which hasn't appeared

From: John Mastro
Subject: Re: in reply to my other just-now post about dired which hasn't appeared FWR
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 15:06:30 -0700

Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:
> I found an in-house solution, namely calling `dired'
> with, as arguments - now just hear :) - calling dired
> with `dired-directory' and `dired-listing-switches' as
> arguments :) :)

You may already know this, but I'll mention it anyway, since it took me
quite a while to notice, so maybe others haven't found it yet either:
With `C-u s' (that's `dired-sort-toggle-or-edit') you can edit the
listing switches however you like. The change affects only the current
buffer.

I previously used a custom command to select a sorting method via `ido'
but since discovering `C-u s' I've found it's more general and just as
convenient.

--
john