Re: member returns list

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: member returns list
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 06:21:23 +0200

> Why don't you do a Lisp OS with Lisp-only software?

Time. Money.

> Are there any particularly impressive Lisp programs
> I can try? A window manager, for example?

Indeed, there is stumpwm.

There are a lot of CL servers and applications, it would only take time
to integrate them into a system with some kind of kernel (eg. a Linux
kernel, for the drivers), writing a init(1) in lisp.

But I would expect that it would take more time to polish the result
into a really usable system.  I'd bet on having the first integration
done would motivate people to polish it.

On the other hand, there's also Mezzano if you want to try a recent
LispOS written in CL.