Re: How to quote a list of functions?

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: How to quote a list of functions?
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2015 02:15:39 +0200

"Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb@informatimago.com> writes:

> Check this AI Koan:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_koan#Enlightenment
>
> The problem is not what you do, the problem is what you intend to do.

By the way, I can certifiate that things like in this koan do/did occur,
and happenned to me once.  A professor was trying to boot the mini
computer we had at school (following the written procedure), and it was
failling to boot.  I then came and did the boot procedure that I knew by
heart (and knew what it was doing, not just cargo-culting it), and it
booted at once.  You have to know what you are doing for it to work.
This was particularly true with old systems, but it can still happen
with more recent hardware.

That's why the bogon theory has been developped.