The default auto-save-file-name-transforms does not work.

From: Nikolay Kudryavtsev
Subject: The default auto-save-file-name-transforms does not work.
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 12:58:07 +0300

The default value for auto-save-file-name-transforms is supposed to move auto-save files for tramp buffers to the local machine's temp folder. This does not seem to work anymore.

As far as I was able to tell, the regexp is valid. One more thing, I noticed is that tramp files get "_a" as their directory delimiter during autosaving, as opposed to "|", like normal files, it may be connected.

I've tested 24.4 and 24.5 on both windows and linux.

To repeat - emacs -Q, open some text file over tramp, edit it a little bit so the autosave would appear. And it appears in the same folder as the file is located.

--
Best Regards,
Nikolay Kudryavtsev