Re: Update `minibuffer-line' on buffer switches

From: Alexander Shukaev
Subject: Re: Update `minibuffer-line' on buffer switches
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 18:31:25 +0200

Would `window-configuration-change-hook' work in case when a buffer is
switched in-place (i.e. all windows stay intact and the selected window is
not changed but only the displayed buffer inside this window is switched)?

Adding a hook to `select-window' could work, but could be a bit tricky
> since this function is sometimes used internally at places which don't
> correspond to something which the end-user would consider as relevant.

This again seems not to take into account the above scenario.  In other
words, really the buffer switching event is needed (regardless of what's
going on with windows).

Not sure how often that would be useful.

​To be honest it's not the first time that I find myself in a situation
when I simply need to hook the event of buffer (focus) switching and/or
window (focus) switching​, etc.

Regards,
Alexander