Re: Font-lock of comments using comment tokens, does it work?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Font-lock of comments using comment tokens, does it work?
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 15:11:43 -0400

> I have a really complicated font-locking problem I'm trying to solve
> for a major mode. It's like I've tried everything but nothing
> works. Here is the question I asked on Stack Overflow and got some
> help with but it didn't go all the way:

The answer there gives you the technique to use.  AFAICT you only need
to adjust the regexp he used in exmark-syntax-propertize.

You'll want to read about syntax-tables in the Elisp manual to
understand what the "_" means in that function (for a quick
refresher on which char means what, C-h f modify-syntax-entry RET is
what I use, but you first need to read the Elisp reference to really
understand how that works).

        Stefan