Re: Emacs Primer: Emacs on Mac

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs Primer: Emacs on Mac
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 19:05:07 +0200

Vaidheeswaran C <vaidheeswaran.chinnaraju@gmail.com>
writes:

> The problem with Emacswiki is I have no idea how
> reliable the information is. I was hoping to get
> specific answers and recommendations (rather than
> a link).

You mentioned two projects specifically and those are
both described there, including (in the case of
Aquamacs) a link to the official home page.

Regarding how reliable information is it is a matter of
developing a base of knowledge and experience, which
will relate to and help you process new information.
If the information makes sense, it is most often true.

While, as a user, that hunch is nothing to be ashamed
of and can take you far, as a writer of manuals and
non-fiction - is it enough? I don't think so.

> I don't have Mac and I am asking for this
> information so that I can document it in the Emacs
> Primer. I will be happy if someone writes a detailed
> reply that would help us all.

I think the person who is capable of doing that is the
person who should document it as well. Perhaps he can
even use the post as documentation, or documentation
as the post...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573