Re: Order of eshell/pcomplete completions when cycling

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Order of eshell/pcomplete completions when cycling
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 08:36:39 -0400

> I suspect that there has been a time where that used to work, and in the
> meantime the completion stuff has changed and forgotten that some
> completion users want sorted completions also without calling
> `completion-all-sorted-completions'.

Indeed, it seems that the pcomplete completion UI code was somehow
broken when its innards were separated to provide
pcomplete-completion-at-point.

The right fix moving forward (which I've been meaning to do but haven't
found time for yet) is to change Eshell to not use the `pcomplete'
command any more, but to use `completion-at-point' instead and to
finally obsolete the `pcomplete' command.

        Stefan