Re: if vs. when vs. and: style question

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: if vs. when vs. and: style question
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 07:20:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 6:15:15 AM UTC+5:30, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Rusi  writes:
>
> > On a different note... For 50 years CS has been
> > living in the impoverished world of ASCII.
> > This makes people think CS and math are more far
> > apart than they essentially/really are.

> Math and computers are not close. Yes, you can
> describe computers in terms of math. But that's the
> thing with math: it can model and express everything.

In the world I see around me, computers are used
- by shopkeepers for their accounts and inventories
- by engineers to design
- by artists to paint/compose etc
- by scientists to do science
- etc

In short computers seem to be able to model and control everything.
Does not seem so different from math does it?
And if you see the history of CS not different at all!

http://blog.languager.org/2015/03/cs-history-0.html