Re: Emacs hangs on X11 paste--how to diagnose?

From: Jacob Gerlach
Subject: Re: Emacs hangs on X11 paste--how to diagnose?
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 07:15:21 -0400

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 9:41 PM, Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:
>Did you or someone else successfully
> integrate the X clipboard with the Emacs `kill-ring'?

I have

(setq x-select-enable-clipboard t)

in my init and I'm able to paste/yank (using C-y) text I copied from
Firefox (or any other program) into emacs. (Not sure if there is more
than a semantic difference between yank and paste in this case). I use
vanilla Ubuntu 14.04 and have never paid much attention to what
desktop/WM I'm using. I guess it's X based on the docstring, but not
sure.