Re: Emacs developers help wanted for Purdue University's Hack the Anvil

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Emacs developers help wanted for Purdue University's Hack the Anvil
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 12:33:55 +0100

() Joshua Branson <jbranso@purdue.edu>
() Tue, 03 Mar 2015 20:35:34 -0500

   [Anyone willing] to skype with me or a Purdue hacker this
   weekend at the hackathon, if we have questions about how to
   hack an emacs minor mode?

I think you will obtain better results on IRC.  Probably you
discourage some potentially serious helpers by using Skype,
which is not universally accessible, and furthermore, is not
Free Software.

Of course, in a 1:N situation, mischief could scale just as well
as help (and be more difficult to detect, deflect or reject), so
maybe that's not such a good idea.  OTOH, the N_helpful might be
able to autonomously counter or filter the N_mischievous, or at
the minimum provide entertaining banter to take the edge off the
competition-induced stress.  Like they say, you put N experts in
a room, you get N! "concensus outcomes" on how to proceed.  :-D

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502